Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:52:10 +0000
From: xnite@...te.org
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: eResourcePlanner Authentication Bypass/SQL
	Injection

You are absolutely correct, I did leave out the fact that it is quite
obvious passwords are not hashed in the database, otherwise the lcase would
be useless, and they might instead be using the md5 or sha1 function
instead. So that is once again another minor security issue which is
included in this nasty group of bugs.

It's honestly hard to believe that companies would use this vendor at all
considering that there are so many other great options out there
*cough*google apps provides erp*cough*.
I do appreciate you raising that concern Adam.
Yet another flaw is that the pages *should* include a noindex/nofollow tag
to be sure that these pages are NOT indexed. These pages should remain
known to only those who *need* to know about them (ie- the people who work
at these companies).
---
R. Whitney - Independent IT ConsultantPhone:  (347)674-4835
Postal: PO Box 5984, Bloomington, IL 61702-5984
Other: My Blog (http://xnite.org) / LinkedIn
(http://www.linkedin.com/in/whitneyr) / Twitter (http://twitter.com/xnite)