Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:44:56 +0100
From: Major Malfunction <majormal@...ate-radio.org>
To: dc4420@...420.org, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
 full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: DC4420 - London DEFCON - October meet - Tuesday
	29th October 2013

doesn't time fly when you're hacking fun?

on a very topical note, this month we have:

Tuesday 29th October, 2013:

1st Speaker:

Tony Naggs

Title:

How the NSA (maybe) spies on your web shopping, email, social and
business networks

Synopsis:

Since the recent revelations about the extent of the NSA's Internet
surveillance came to light the question has been how could this possibly
happen. One suggestion is that Internet (NIST or IETF) security
standards have been deliberately weakened.

Specific suspicion has fallen on Dual EC DRBG, a standard random number
generator. This talk will look at whether & how Dual EC DRBG could have
been sabotaged, and how that could lead to weak cryptography that the
NSA can crack.

+++

the 2nd Speaker is a friend of mine, and one of the few journalists i
really trust and have worked with on many occasions... he has just
completed a fun project:

Steve Boggan, Freelance Journalist

Title:

Follow the money!

Synopsis:

Two years ago, three film makers decided to follow a ten-dollar bill
across America for 30 days to see where it would go. Two of them will
talk about the places it took them, the people they met and how
Kickstarter ensured that their film will end up on our screens...

***

Venue:

   DOWNSTAIRS @ The Phoenix, Cavendish Square

   http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

   Tuesday 29th October, 2013

Time:

   17:30 till kicking out - talk starts at 19:30

Entry is free, all are welcome, see you there!

more info: http://dc4420.org

cheers,
mm
--
"In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...