Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 06:09:23 -0600
From: silence_is_best@...hmail.com
To: "Full Disclosure" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Mavericks...less then a bargin?

A warning (disclosure) to you Apple people....if you're planning to
sync your shiny iDevice with Mavericks, you will be FORCED to use
iCloud (syncing from your iDevice to your iPuter is now gone).  I
suspect this is one of the reasons why Mavericks was a "free" upgrade.
 Apple probably figured the $40 they'd get from the sale of the OS is
less then when they'd get with have your calendar and your contacts
within easy reach.  Per their policy:

What personal information we collect When you create an Apple ID,
register your products, apply for  commercial credit, purchase a
product, download a software update,  register for a class at an Apple
Retail Store, or participate in an  online survey, we may collect a
variety of information, including your  name, mailing address, phone
number, email address, contact preferences,  and credit card
information.

	When you share your content with family and friends using Apple
products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to
join  you on Apple forums, Apple may collect the information you
provide about  those people such as name, mailing address, email
address, and phone  number.

	How we use your personal information The personal information we
collect allows us to keep you  posted on Appleā€™s latest product
announcements, software updates, and  upcoming events. It also helps
us to improve our services, content, and  advertising.
Nice not to have choices ;)

Content of type "text/html" skipped