Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:10:04 -0200
From: Luther Blissett <lblissett@...anoici.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Mavericks...less then a bargin?

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:11 -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Joel Esler <joel.esler@...com> wrote:
> > Obviously they expect you to surrender the info in the sake of simplicity
> > and usefulness.
> >
> > They swear the can't read your stuff:
> > http://www.apple.com/apples-commitment-to-customer-privacy/
> :)
>
> Their own legal department tells us they are not trustworthy. Who do
> we believe: their legal department, or their press release?
>
> Jeff

I always thought that people on this list had it clear that for them
what you complain is a business model and it certainly did not start
yesterday. From the start those companies are attempting to own users.
Apple started by tying software and hardware; gates by pushing binary
blobs and menacing those who wanted to just share sources.

I guess they now just fell confident enough that their consumers won't
even understand/care if they can guarantee that speed difference isn't
that much (which I think they can on most cases).

Thanx 4 sharing anyway, I'm using info like those to buzz on
applefriends ears.

--
Do not forget that we are cattle on an animal farm which is managed and
handled mostly by machines. Machines do what they are/were told to. What

GPG: 0x48BE63E6