Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:50:32 -0800
From: Fyodor <fyodor@...p.org>
Subject: Re: [CVE-2013-6986] Insecure Data Storage in
 Subway Ordering for California (ZippyYum) 3.4 iOS mobile application

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Daniel Wood <daniel.wood@...sp.org> wrote:

> Title: [CVE-2013-6986] Insecure Data Storage in Subway Ordering for
> California (ZippyYum) 3.4 iOS mobile application
>
> Reported to Vendor: May 2013
> CVE Reference: CVE-2013-6986

Apparently you touched a nerve!  If the legal threats we received for
archiving this security advisory on SecLists.org are any indication,
ZippyYum really doesn't want anyone to know they were storing users' credit
card info (including security code) and passwords in cleartext on their
phones.

"Please remove this information from your website immediately in order at
avoid further legal action." --Mikken Tutton, CEO of ZippyYum client
IntersecWorldWide

Of course we have ignored the threats and kept the advisory proudly posted
at: http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Dec/39

Here are the legal threats we received today and last Wednesday: