Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:31:09 -0700
From: Fyodor <fyodor@...p.org>
Subject: [FD] Sorry I can't do this anymore. List closed!

Hello everyone.  I know I just started the new Full Disclosure list, but
it's not working out :(. Everything may seem fine from the outside, but it
has been nonstop grief from here.  I'm not just talking about the (normal
and expected) troll posts or all the petty complainers. We've already
gotten a DMCA takedown demand, two other legal threats, and a sustained DoS
attack which is disrupting all our other services too. And now our ISP is
threatening to shut us down!

It's kind of embarrassing that John Cartwright lasted 12 years and I
couldn't even handle a week, but there it is.  I do appreciate the many of
you who were supportive.

List closed!
-Fyodor

PS:  OK, this is just a (terrible?) April Fools joke. I've actually been
delighted and humbled by the reception from the security community and I
want to welcome you all to the new list!  We already have 7,226 members and
more than 100 posts in this first week.  That includes numerous new vulns,
from SQL injection to privacy issues and even a physical security problem.
 Please keep up the good work!  I regret that list moderation has been too
slow because it's still just me, but I'm recruiting more mods from the
researchers who post good vulns/tools/papers/etc to the list.  I've also
been following John Cartwright's lead in marking them for automoderation so
their vulns go straight through with no delay.  I really do want this list
to be run by and for the security research community!  Thanks for your
support.