Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 17:55:36 -0400
From: Daniel Wood <daniel.wood@...sp.org>
To: Toni Korpela <admin@...fork.com>
Cc: "fulldisclosure@...lists.org" <fulldisclosure@...lists.org>
Subject: Re: [FD] Legality of Open Source Tools

Toni,

The English version has this information in Chapter 38, I didn't find it in a Chapter 34.

The key to all this is the language of intent, using verbiage such as "aggravated", "unlawful", and "to cause detriment". This is the same as the United States and many other countries; if you don't have the intention to cause harm, it can be argued as a lack of 'mens rea' which is Latin for "guilty mind". In order for it to be considered a crime (legally speaking at least in the United States) you need that key component with the actual act of committing the crime (known as 'actus reus').

I'm not saying that Finland or any other country is the same as the United States, but having studied Criminal Law, I do know that many countries have similar code on the books.

If you're truly concerned, I would write or speak to your court representative for clarification.

Daniel