Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 12:14:40 +0200
From: Jérôme Nokin <jerome@...laby.be>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Symantec Endpoint Protection – Remote Buffer Overflow PoC (CVE-2013-1612)

Hello,

Here is a PoC of the CVE-2013-1612 bug, targeting SEP Manager version
12.1.0 -> 12.1.2.
It's a simple SEH-based code which set EIP to 0xcccccccc.

I've tried to write a stable exploit code but so far, it is still
unreliable. I meant that it works great in my labs, but will not work on
yours. Everything is explained here if you want to give a try..

http://funoverip.net/2014/04/symantec-endpoint-protection-manager-cve-2013-1612-remote-buffer-overflow-poc/

Bug references:
-
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/securityupdates/detail.jsp?fid=security_advisory&pvid=security_advisory&suid=20130618_00