Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:05:17 -0700
From: Dave Warren <davew@...eahit.com>
To: Dave Howe <davehowe.pentesting@...il.com>,
 fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] TrueCrypt?

On 2014-06-03 04:09, Dave Howe wrote:
> The issue we have with the current TC builds is that they are not
> reproducible.
>
> The source code is available online, and is in the process of being
> audited, but there is no guarantee the installer almost all the users
> have installed TC with contained code actually built from that source.

https://madiba.encs.concordia.ca/~x_decarn/truecrypt-binaries-analysis/
claims to have managed to build a reasonably identical build (such that
the remaining differences can be identified and explained as build
date/time stamps). The site includes instructions to reproduce the work.

I haven't tried it personally, but it might be an interesting exercise
to see if anyone else can independently reproduce the binaries.