Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 01:24:58 -0700
From: "Ben Lincoln (F7EFC8C9)" <F7EFC8C9@...eaththewaves.net>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] [Tool] XXE exploit automation - On The Outside, Reaching In 0.2

This has been my weekend project off and on since February. I would
still consider it in a "preview" state, but I also think it's far enough
along to be useful to at least a few people.

The idea behind it is to use a Metasploit-style module system
specifically for XXE exploit code. This allows a common interface,
including the ability to automate downloads of numerous files, or
automatically walk the directory structure if the vulnerable system is
based on Java.

This initial release includes a number of different modules for four
different vulnerable software packages:

CVE-2013-6407 - Apache Solr
SOS-12-007 - Squiz Matrix prior to version 4.6.5/4.8.1
CVE-2014-2205 - McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator from 4.6.0 to 4.6.7 (without
Hotfix 940148)
CVE-2012-2239 - Mahara 1.4.x before 1.4.4, and 1.5.x before 1.5.3

To my knowledge, this is the first public release of exploit code for
CVE-2013-6407 and CVE-2012-2239.

The Squiz Matrix and Mahara modules make use of On The Outside, Reaching
In's co-conspirator She Wore A Mirrored Mask, which is an extremely
lightweight webserver that pretends to be something innocuous (Apache
Coyote 1.1 by default), but is actually used for Yunusov-Osipov-style
out-of-band XXE data-exfiltration.

Again, these are really early versions, and the code is a bit of a mess,
but they do work very effectively, at least if you run them under Python
2.7.3. The code is GPLv3.

Main pages:

http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/On_The_Outside_Reaching_In.html
http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/She_Wore_A_Mirrored_Mask.html

In-depth tutorials:

http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/OTORI_-_Example_1_Apache_Solr.html
http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/OTORI_-_Example_2_Squiz_Matrix.html
http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/OTORI_-_Example_3_Mahara.html
http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Software/OTORI_-_Example_4_McAfee_ePO.html

Feedback is appreciated, and if anyone is able to make good use of them
in a pen-test, I'd love to hear about it.

- Ben Lincoln