Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:11:55 -0700
From: Eric Rand <eric.rand@...wnhatsecurity.com>
To: Rikairchy <blakcshadow@...il.com>, fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Jamming WiFi tracking beacons

I hadn't seen the specs on the B+ model yet; mea culpa.

I think that the aircrack suite contains most of the functionality
you're looking for; seeding other sensors around with a mesh topology
might be a little bit of a challenge, but should still be doable.

On 07/17/2014 08:05 PM, Rikairchy wrote:
> I thought the B+ model was four ports, two controllers. I'm not interested
> in modifying (or even providing) a connection so much as looking for
> unrecognised devices. I had the idea of using them in a mesh, with only one
> actually connected to a live network. I thought it might be a way of
> listening to what other devices are already broadcasting when they search
> for a Wi-Fi connection
> On Jul 17, 2014 11:02 PM, "Eric Rand" <eric.rand@...wnhatsecurity.com>
> wrote:
>
>> R-pi doesn't come with a built-in wifi adapter, so you'll need to get
>> some add-ons to do that--and keeping in mind that there's only one USB
>> controller for all the networking and suchlike, there's a decided limit
>> to the amount of bandwidth that they can handle.
>>
>> Listening for connects is very doable, though that's really more the
>> province of the Pineapple
>>
>> [ http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Main_Page ]
>>
>> and similar projects--the Pineapple also gives you various other
>> functionalities, like spoofing and MITM facilitation.
>>
>> Right tool for the job and all that.
>>
>> On 07/17/2014 07:56 PM, Rikairchy wrote:
>>> I'm thinking of picking up a few Raspberry Pis, I was wondering if they
>>> could be used as a way to track devices that search for wifi (unless this
>>> is passive only), and recognise "friendly" devices while notifying an
>>> administrator of foreign devices detected. Could this have any real world
>>> application?

>> know)

>> them.

>> by
>> share.)

>> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/12/city-london-corporation-spy-bins

Download attachment "0xC6AA699A.asc" of type "application/pgp-keys" (3117 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (885 bytes)