Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:36:51 -0600
From: Nick Semenkovich <nick@...enkovich.com>
To: Jing Wang <justqdjing@...il.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Bypass Google Open Redirect Filter Based on
	Googleads.g.doubleclick.net

One of the cuter things I saw today was an "I'm Feeling Lucky" +
unique search term trick.

e.g. https://www.google.com/#&q=SomeUniqueLongStringHere&btnI=denoqa

(Specifically the string "uhcjljmguohkmywgylmin" I imagine this'll be
adapted for some slightly more believable phishing URLs.)

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Jing Wang <justqdjing@...il.com> wrote:
> Bypass Google Open Redirect Filter Based on Googleads.g.doubleclick.net
> <http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/>
> -- Google Covert Redirect Vulnerability Based on Googleads.g.doubleclick.net
> <http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/>
>

> The vulnerability exists at "Logout?" page with "&continue" parameter, i.e.
> https://www.google.com/accounts/Logout?service=writely&continue=https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net
>

> The vulnerability can be attacked without user login. Tests were performed
> on Firefox (26.0) in Ubuntu (12.04) and IE (9.0.15) in Windows 7.
>

> (1) When a user is redirected from Google to another site, Google will
> check whether the redirected URL belongs to domains in Google's whitelist
> (The whitelist usually contains websites belong to Google), e.g.
> docs.google.com
> googleads.g.doubleclick.net
>

> If this is true, the redirection will be allowed.
>
> However, if the URLs in a redirected domain have open URL redirection
>  vulnerabilities themselves, a user could be redirected from Google to a
> vulnerable URL in that domain first and later be redirected from this
> vulnerable site to a malicious site. This is as if being redirected from
> Google directly.
>
> One of the vulnerable domain is,
> googleads.g.doubleclick.net (Google's Ad System)
>

> (2) Use one webpage for the following tests. The webpage address is "
> http://www.inzeed.com/kaleidoscope". We can suppose that this webpage is
> malicious.
>

> Vulnerable URL:
> https://www.google.com/accounts/Logout?service=writely&continue=https://google.com/
>

> POC:
> https://www.google.com/accounts/Logout?service=wise&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fgoogleads.g.doubleclick.net%2Faclk%3Fsa%3DL%26ai%3DCtHoIVxn3UvjLOYGKiAeelIHIBfLQnccEAAAQASAAUNTx5Pf4_____wFgvwWCARdjYS1wdWItMDQ2NjU4MjEwOTU2NjUzMsgBBOACAKgDAaoE5AFP0NHr5cHwFmWgKNs6HNTPVk7TWSV-CDHX83dKdGSWJ2ADoZNIxUHZwjAODRyDY_7nVtpuqSLOTef4xzVxDQ2U22MNbGak33Ur7i2jDB8LdYt9TbC3ifsXmklY5jl3Zpq4_lP7wagVfjt0--tNPPGTR96NGbxgPvfHMq9ZsTXpjhc_lPlnyGjlWzF8yn437iaxhGRwYLt_CymifLO2YaJPkCm9nLpONtUM-mstUSpKQrP2VjjaZkbDtuK0naLLBV37aYEY4TzWQi8fQGN47z4XgpinBCna91zQayZjn2wxccDCl0zgBAGgBhU%26num%3D0%26sig%3DAOD64_3Qi4qG3CRVHRI5AHSkSGuL7HJqSA%26client%3Dca-pub-0466582109566532%26adurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.inzeed.com%2Fkaleidoscope
>

> POC Video:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuSq89khcQ&feature=youtu.be
>

> Reporter:
> Wang Jing, Mathematics, Nanyang Technological University
> http://www.tetraph.com/wangjing
>

> More Details:
> http://computerobsess.blogspot.com/2014/11/google-covert-redirect-vulnerability.html

Nick Semenkovich