Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 01:40:50 -0800
From: "Ben Lincoln (F7EFC8C9 - FD)" <F7EFC8C9@...eaththewaves.net>
To: "fulldisclosure@...lists.org" <fulldisclosure@...lists.org>
Subject: Re: [FD] Major Internet Explorer Vulnerability - NOT Patched

Hi David.

When I tried to reproduce it using code hosted on one of my domains, I
tried three variations of what I assumed at the time the PHP code from
the original was:

<?php
usleep(3000000);
header("Location: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/");
die();
?>

<?php
sleep(3);
header("Location: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/");
die();
?>

<?php
sleep(10);
header("Location: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/");
die();
?>

I wasn't able to get it working, so as I said, I used Burp Suite to
modify your demo in realtime as it came down to my browser, with the
Daily Mail domain being replaced in response headers and bodies with a
different target domain, but no other changes made. It worked with
another CloudFlare customer's site (tickld.com), but not a
non-CloudFlare customer's site (can't share that one without giving away
information I'm not supposed to). It seems like that was a coincidence,
and that the reason it didn't work on the other site was something other
than them not being a CloudFlare customer.

Enough other people (in particular, @filedescriptor, who Justin Steven
sent a link to (http://innerht.ml/blog/ie-uxss.html)) have validated the
way the exploit works that I agree it appears to be essentially
universal. When are you going to give it a cool name and logo to ensure
it gets the media coverage it deserves? :)

- Ben