Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 19:18:46 +0200
From: "Stefan Kanthak" <stefan.kanthak@...go.de>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 34): our
	developers and our QA still ignore our own security recommendations

Hi @ll,

part 16 <http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2014/May/211> showed
the about 2000 [*] registry entries of Windows 8.1 where Microsoft's
developers ignore their companies own security recommendations and
use unqualified pathnames.

Unfortunately they still ignore these recommendations with Windows 10:
see <http://home.arcor.de/skanthak/download/W10_PATH.INF> for the
about 2000 registry entries with unqualified pathnames found in the
image of the professional edition in the \sources\install.wim

stay tuned
Stefan Kanthak

[*] see <http://home.arcor.de/skanthak/download/W81_PATH.REG> for
    these registry entries as found in the image of the professional
    edition in the \sources\install.wim