Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 13:36:26 +0200
From: "Stefan Kanthak" <stefan.kanthak@...go.de>
To: <haifei-non-reply@...look.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Watch your Downloads: the risk of the "auto-download"
	feature on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

Of course somebody wrote and talked about this already:
<http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2012/02/downloads-folder-binary-planting.html>
<http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2012/04/adobe-reader-x-1012-msiexecexe-planting.html>
<http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2010/09/binary-planting-goes-exe.html>
<https://www.it.uu.se/edu/course/homepage/sakdat/ht05/assignments/pm/programme/DLL_Spoofing_in_Windows.pdf>
<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/426.html>
<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/427.html>

> I quickly googled around and wasn't able to find an appropriate
> one, I think it should be known by many ppl).

You can read a little bit more about this weakness and the resulting
vulnerabilities on <http://home.arcor.de/skanthak/sentinel.html>

stay tuned
Stefan

JFTR: <iframe src="url"> is HTML, not JavaScript.

      JavaScript is also not necessary to redirect to the download
      page of some morons who still expect their unsuspecting users
      to download and RUN an *.EXE to install their soft^Wcrapware:
      1. <META HTTP-Equiv="refresh" content="5; URL="..."> exists;
      2. Windows' native package format is *.MSI!