Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:27:29 +0200
From: Mark Koek <mark.koek@...ec.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] CVE-2016-6662 - MySQL Remote Root Code Execution /
 Privilege Escalation ( 0day )

Well, 'remote root'...  The PoC asks for a working MySQL user name and
password.

And I don't really get how that account can re-set the logfile location
without SUPER privileges?

Am I wrong in thinking that this is really "just" a MySQL admin -> root
privilege escalation? Don't get me wrong, still a very nice exploit, but...

Mark