Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 22:10:02 +0000
From: Rob Thomas <rthomas@...goma.com>
To: Greg Sloop <gregs@...op.net>, Tim Schughart
 <t.schughart@...sec-networks.com>, "fulldisclosure@...lists.org"
 <fulldisclosure@...lists.org>, "bugtraq@...urityfocus.com"
 <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>, "webappsec@...urityfocus.com"
 <webappsec@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: "Khanh Quoc. Pham" <k.pham@...sec-networks.com>
Subject: Re: [FD] Critical Vulnerability in Ubiquiti UniFi

The impression I get from Tim Pham's emails is that the 'Unify Manager' is doing some behind-the-scenes tunnelling, and bringing the Mongo interface from the server to the client (Eg, Mac or Windows device) and you are then able to connect to localhost (on the client) which tunnels through to the server.

However, after much searching, I am unable to locate this application. Googling insinuates that it is this (unreleased) software - https://www.ubnt.com/enterprise/software/

--Rob Thomas
Information Security, Sangoma Corporation