Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 08:52:51 -0500
From: Jeff Bollinger <jbolling@...co.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Call for Papers: FIRST Amsterdam Technical Colloquium (TC)
	April 2017

We would like to announce a "Save the Date" and "Call for Speakers" for
the annual FIRST Amsterdam Technical Colloquium (TC). The main event,
hosted by Cisco Systems in Amsterdam, Netherlands will be a plenary
style conference held on the 25th and 26th of April 2017. We are also
offering an optional, free, training on Monday April 24th.

The event website: https://www.first.org/events/colloquia/amsterdam2017

Event registration is now open. This will be free event with no
registration charges (although registration is required). This event
will be open to all (not just FIRST members) and fills up quickly. Note,
the Monday training has limited seating, so please register early to
avoid being turned away.

Please register here:

https://registration.first.org/registration/2017/amsterdamtc

A list of recommended hotels and travel information is available here:

https://www.first.org/events/colloquia/amsterdam2017/hotel

https://www.first.org/events/colloquia/amsterdam2017/travel

Call for Speakers:

FIRST is looking for speakers that would like to present at the TC. We
are most interested in new presentations and presenters, however
important updates on prior work are also welcome. We strongly encourage
any individual who has not spoken at a conference before to submit a
proposal. The idea behind the TC is to encourage security teams and
researchers talent to share their technical work in a friendly
environment. While we give special consideration to local talent,
submissions are welcome from anyone, anywhere.

Any novel ideas, techniques, case studies, or research related to
incident and threat response are welcome. Some suggested topics are as
follows:

- Threat actor groups & techniques

- Creative incident response techniques

- Indicators of compromise and how detect/mitigate

- Data analytics for security

- Criminal underground

- Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures

- Digital forensics

- Human-computer interaction, security, and privacy

- Intrusion and anomaly detection and prevention

- Malicious code analysis, anti-virus evasion, etc.

- Security architecture

- Open Source tools

- Attack and response to an organization

For your submission to be considered, you must provide ALL of the
following information:

- Title

- Presenter's Name(s), Affiliation, and short biography

- Brief Summary (Abstract) and completion status/plan

- Estimated Time (45 mins + 10 for questions is typical)

To: amsterdam-tc@...st.org

Important Note:

FIRST does not allow presentations with the aim of gaining the
audience's interest in any commercial application, solution or product.

In other words, NO MARKETING PRESENTATIONS. Please only submit a talk if
you are actually able to attend the TC in Amsterdam.

Our goal is to have the program on the event website by the end of
February 2017, to that end please have all submission completed by
February 17th. Feel free to reply with any questions.

Thank you,
Jeff Bollinger & Matthew Valites
Cisco CSIRT

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (164 bytes)