Date:	Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:48:40 -0400
From:	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>
To:	Avantika Mathur LTC <mathur@...ibm.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ext4 devel interlock meeting minutes (Sept. 20, 2006)

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:03:51AM -0700, Avantika Mathur LTC wrote:
> - Alexandre is waiting for feedback from Ted on e2fsprogs patches.  Plan
> to discuss and review through the mailing list.

My posting from earlier this week was a result of reviewing the
clusterfs patches, althoguh perhaps I should have been more explicit
about my complaints:

*) In appropriate namespace leakage (all new functions that are
visible should have the ext2fs_ prefix)

*) Interfaces that expose the on-disk extent format, and will
therefore require changing (and thus breaking) the API and ABI when we
add support for 48-bit or 64-bit extent patches.

I was trying to be a bit more constructive, though, and have been in
the midst of reimplementing a better interface.  Although if Alexandre
has time in the next week or two, things might go faster if I can just
explain what I want the new interface to look like and he can
implement it.  :-)

						- Ted