Date:	Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:40:34 +0100
From:	Bas van Schaik <bas@...es.nl>
To:	Linux extfs development <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: EXT3 filesystem corruptions on AoE, RAID and LVM?

Hi all,

Sorry for being this brutal and replying to my own post, but is there
anyone out here who might be able to help me with this problem? Or at
least help me with debugging it? Today I've discovered one other type of
inconsistency:

> # ls -la mydir
> -r-S--s-wt 1 2245250426 3397732635 32768 1929-11-11 16:54 mydir
Obviously, there are no UID 2245250426 and GID 3397732635 on my
filesystem, and this file certainly isn't created or modified on the
11th of November 1929. I cannot remove the directory, I get a
"permission denied" (being root!). Of course, I assume an fsck will
solve this problem (probably by just removing this entry from the
filesystem and attaching it to lost+found), but I keep checking my
filesystem about every five days now! And that means another 5 hours of
downtime with this special type of "cluster"...
Thanks in advance for all your thoughts!

  -- Bas