Date:	Fri, 04 May 2007 16:58:35 +0200
From:	Valerie Clement <valerie.clement@...l.net>
To:	"Jose R. Santos" <jrs@...ibm.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Creating a >32bit blocks filesystem.

Jose R. Santos wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been trying test a patch to set JBD2_FEATURE_INCOMPAT_64BIT, but
> I'm stuck just trying to test the patch since there doesn't seem to be
> a way to create a ext4 filesystem that has more than 32bit blocks.  It
> seems like e2fsprogs + Ted's patches don't support greater that 32bit
> block numbers while the the e2fsprogs 64bit patches from BULL create
> the filesystem but the kernel seems unable to mount.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> -JRS

Hi Jose,
I began to port our modifications done for the 64-bit support against
the new version of e2fsprogs Ted posted at the beginning of the week.
Note that it is *just* for test use as it breaks the backwards
compatibility.
I did a few tests with a kernel 2.6.17-rc7 and it seems to work, at
least mkfs, debugfs and fsck tools.

Get the new version of e2fsprogs at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/e2fsprogs-interim/e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3
and apply the patchset in attachment.

Hope this helps,
    Valérie

Download attachment "e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3-64bit-patches.tar.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (50733 bytes)