Date:	Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:41:32 +0300
From:	"Kosta Kliakhandler" <kostak@...il.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: fsck 1.39 segfaults while fixing a corrupt inode

Hi!

I have a severe problem - I was a fool and made / (root) ext4 (at
least not /home, thank god) and somehow some corruption occured.
While running fsck, it keeps segfaulting, complaining about fast
memory corruption (segfaults always at the same inode, always when I
tell it to fix it). I *think* the issue was addressed in
e2fsprogs-1.40.2 (from what I understood in the changelog) - but I
can't find a patchset for it...
I tried to do the 1.39 patch on the 1.40.2 source but there were more
then a few mismatches and it didn't build. With enough work, I might
be able to build it, but I strongly prefer a ready patch/tarball which
I would know works, but I haven't found any on the net.

Can anyone please point me to one or send one to me, or advise on a
different solution?

Attached is the error log.

Thanks in advance,
Kosta.

--
Kosta.tk

View attachment "error.out" of type "text/plain" (3067 bytes)