Date:	Mon, 15 Oct 2007 05:10:05 -0500
From:	"Jose R. Santos" <jrs@...ibm.com>
To:	coyli@...e.de
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: question about patch queue and ext4-git

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:36:05 +0800
Coly Li <coyli@...e.de> wrote:

> Now in my mind there are several words for ext4 patches, most frequently one are "patch queue".
>
> I see the patches in patch queue from
> http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/ext4-patches/LATEST/broken-out/ .
> Also I confirm some of the patches are in ext4 git tree now, but I am not sure for two questions:
> 1) Whether all the patches are in ext4 git tree ?

Yes, all these patches should be in ext4 git tree.

> 2) This patch queue is only used to push ext4 patch into upstream ?

The patch queue series is divided into stable and unstable patches.
The stable patches are the one usually the ones used to push back
upstream, while the unstable section has the patches for development
purposes only and are not ready for pushing upstream (and some may
never make it in).

> Also there is a patch-queue git at http://repo.or.cz/w/ext4-patch-queue.git , is it same to the
> patches in http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/ext4-patches/ ?

Same thing bug in git format.  I believe Ted updates his patch queue
from the patches in the git tree repo, so  if you want latest/greatest
the git tree is what you want.

> Thanks for clarifying :-)

-JRS