Date:	Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:11:07 +0000
From:	"Peter Meier" <meiepeter@...il.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Trying out 2.6.26-ext4-3

Well, my installation went fine using "nodelalloc" with ext4-3,
but then of course I killed the file system when I forgot to add
rootflags=nodelalloc to the kernel's boot command line in the
grub config, so it got mounted with delalloc and proceeded
to eat itself.

I'm stubborn, so I'm going to try again. I'm unsure whether to
try with 2.6.26-ext4-4 and delalloc turned on, however, since
ming's patch was supposed to fix crashes, and I'm not really
looking forward to crashes during installation. So my safest
bet still seems to be to go with nodelalloc.

However, I still don't know whether I can turn delalloc back on
later on the existing FS without missing out on anything from
not having it turned on from the beginning, as per the ques-
tion in my last mail. If anyone could answer that, that'd be
much appreciated.

Greetings,
Peter