Date:	Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:25:01 +0900
From:	Hidehiro Kawai <hidehiro.kawai.ez@...achi.com>
To:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
	tytso@....edu, adilger@....com, jack@...e.cz, sandeen@...hat.com
Subject: status of the ext3/jbd error handling enhancement patches

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for pushing my ext3/jbd to Linus.  But some of patches
in -mm (following three patches) haven't been sent to Linus.

  #jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch: double-check this
  jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch
  ext3-add-checks-for-errors-from-jbd.patch
  jbd-test-bh_write_eio-to-detect-errors-on-metadata-buffers.patch

They improve filesystem corruption problem and it is needed by
mission critical systems.

Could you tell me what is your concern (you commented, "double-check
this") ?  Are there something that I can help?  For example, I can
provide some SystemTap scripts to help tests.

Thank you,
--
Hidehiro Kawai
Hitachi, Systems Development Laboratory