Date:	Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:09:42 +0100
From:	Andre Noll <maan@...temlinux.org>
To:	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>
Cc:	Andreas Dilger <adilger@....com>, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Problems with checking corrupted large ext3 file system

On 20:23, Andre Noll wrote:

> After 5 hours, it printed the "Restarting e2fsck from the
> beginning..." message just like the unpatched version. It's now at 45%
> in the second run with no further messages so far. In particular, there
> are no more "clone multiply-claimed blocks" messages.  I'm leaving
> for the weekend now, but I'll send another mail on Monday.

The fsck completed successfully and I've mounted the file system
again. The users are currently investigating the situation, which will
take a while. Until now one user reported that approximately half of
his files are corrupted. Guess I will have to restore from tapes :-(.

Anyway, many thanks to Andreas and Ted.
Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)