Date:	Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:10:50 -0500
From:	Eric Sandeen <sandeen@...hat.com>
To:	ext4 development <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: e2fsck -y says "yes" to "Abort?"

I've got this bug filed against Fedora:

Bug 484913 -  Change verbage of e2fsck questioning to make the "-y"
switch more useful

and I think he has a point:

sh-3.2# e2fsck -y /dev/VolGroup00/VolVol02
e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 14090240 blocks
The physical size of the device is 8847360 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

Abort? yes

sh-3.2#

I'm reluctant to invert the logic of the Abort? question as suggested
("Are you sure you want to continue?") because this is a significant
enough problem that we probably should really pause for consideration.

But it seems like perhaps stopping at "Abort?", allowing the user to say
"n" to that and then let the "-y" flag take over from there would be
reasonable.

If this sounds ok I'll whip up a patch, something like a way to flag the
really serious questions (?) as unaffected by -y.

Thanks,
-Eric