Date:	Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:46:30 -0500
From:	Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@...il.com>
To:	Alexey Fisher <bug-track@...her-privat.net>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: one way to dmesg

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Alexey Fisher
<bug-track@...her-privat.net> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 10:18 -0500 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
>> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Alexey Fisher
>> <bug-track@...her-privat.net> wrote:
>> > Hallo,
>> > this is sort of continue of discussion about unified way to mount fs
>> > readonly.
>> > I wont to know how about dmesg/printk. I see ext[234] produce different
>> > logs on mount even it use same code. I feel like i have some time to
>> > digg in. My target is easy to parse dmesg.
>>
>> Patches for unified mount messages already exist.  Various versions
>> have been posted in the last couple months.
>>
>> I don't know if they have been accepted yet or not.
>
> Can you point me this patch?
> I found only "add a message in remount/umount for ext4"
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-ext4/list/?page=1

Looks like Toshiyuki Okajima is the author.

http://markmail.org/message/ghyjee2krfmgtybt was just posted in the
last day or two.

That patch only adds the new unified dmesg print to the vfs layer.  I
think there were other patches that removed the scattered prints from
the various individual filesystems.

Greg