Date:	Sat, 10 Apr 2010 04:32:49 +0530
From:	Anshuman Aggarwal <anshuman@...llgene.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: ext4 fs recovery

Hi all,
 I have an ext4 partition which is unable to find its superblock on e2fsck.

#e2fsck -n /dev/VGdata/LVstore
e2fsck 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)
e2fsck: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/VGdata/LVstore

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

# e2fsck -n -b 8193 /dev/VGdata/LVstore
e2fsck 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/VGdata/LVstore

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Any ideas on how to proceed?

How I got here was due to a failed disk which I have ddrescued over but seems to have missing corrupt metadata.

Thanks,
Anshuman--