Date:	Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:22:35 -0500
From:	Larkin Lowrey <llowrey@...learwinter.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Q wrt LVM snapshot of ext4 w/ external journal

Is it safe to mount an LVM2 snapshot of an ext4 fs that has an external
journal?

My googling has revealed only that the snapshot procedure will cause the
fs to checkpoint the journal (if that's the right term) but also that
the fs will want to replay the journal when mounted, even if -o ro. If
my journal is on an external device (NVRAM device in my case) I don't
want the snapshot instance to interfere with the main on-line fs's use
of the journal.

Is there any documentation, other than code, that describes this scenario?

If there is another, more appropriate, venue for my question please let
me know.

Thank you,

--Larkin