Date:	Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:11:56 +0200
From:	Jörg Sommer <joerg@...a.gnuu.de>
To:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>, Andreas Dilger <adilger@....com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: e2fsck doesn't repair broken ext4

Hi,

Jörg Sommer hat am Fri 12. Mar, 21:54 (+0100) geschrieben:
> after a system crash, I had a problem with ext4 that e2fsck didn't fix. I
> don't know if e2fsck or ext4 was wrong. In the end, I had to remove the
> broken directory, which succeed and solved my problem.
>
> These are the steps I did:
>
> 01 % e2fsck -fy /dev/root
> 02 % dumpe2fsck -x /dev/root
> 03 % e2image -r /dev/root
> 04 % apt-get install
> 05 % dmesg
> 06 % dumpe2fs -x /dev/root
> 07 % e2image -r /dev/root
> 08 % e2fsck -y /dev/root
> 09 % dumpe2fs -x /dev/root
> 10 % e2image -r /dev/root
> 11 % apt-get install
> 12 % dmesg
>
> I've put the output and images of all these commands at
> <http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/ext4/>. I hope they help you somehow.

I would like to ask, if there was any result from this issue? Did you
found a bug in e2fsck?

Bye, Jörg.
--
< Mr X.> jo: contact an admin to mount it for you
< jo> The admin is not, well how should I say it, he isn't very familiar with

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)