Date:	Tue, 25 May 2010 11:53:04 -0500
From:	"Jayson R. King" <dev@...sonking.com>
To:	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
CC:	Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	stable@...nel.org, stable-review@...nel.org,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk, linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
	Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>,
	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>,
	"Jayson R. King" <dev@...sonking.com>,
	"Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [10/24] vfs: Add no_nrwrite_index_update writeback control flag

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 03:28:06PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>> 2.6.27-stable review patch.  If anyone has any objections, please let us know.
>
> NACK.  This has been shown to cause severe writeback regression for
> other filesystems and is beeing reverted in mianline.

It can't be reverted directly (you'll get a build failure) since the
next ext4 patch in this -stable series depends on it.

There's a commit from Ted Ts'o in the ext4 git, "ext4: Use our own
write_cache_pages()", which removes the dependency, but that patch is
not yet in mainline so isn't a -stable candidate. When/if that patch
hits mainline, it can be added to -stable and this patch dropped/reverted.

Jayson