Date:	Thu, 23 Jun 2011 00:11:31 -0400
From:	Charles Taylor <taylorc@...nov.net>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Big Mess

Normally I would not be coming here for help, but I made a big mistake
and frankly don't think any other group has sufficient kernel/ext4
knowledge to help me.

My partition table used to look like this:

/dev/sda1     start:6144	end:10743
/dev/sda2     start:10743	end:10946

I deleted /dev/sda1 on a live system and recreated it like so:

/dev/sda1     start:1     end:10742

And rebooted.

Please don't ask why I did that, or how it happened. It is a long
story and was an accident.

Needless to say, it really messed things up. I booted a rescue disk
and changed the table back to this:

/dev/sda1     start:6144	end:10742
/dev/sda2     start:10743	end:10946

Rebooted. No luck.

fsck.ext4 can't find a valid superblock and I haven't had any luck
finding a backup. Some things that may help:

* MBR partition table.
* All changes made with fdisk.
* I found what looks like it may be a superblock at cylinder 6144,
head 4, sector 16, with an offline disk editor but don't know how to
tell fsck to use it.
* Block size is 512 bytes.
* Disk is a 90GB SSD.

So, anyone know how I can return this file system to working order?

Thanks in advance!