Date:	Thu, 28 Jul 2011 03:08:26 +0900 (JST)
From:	Round Robinjp <roundrobinjp@...oo.co.jp>
To:	Robinjp Round <roundrobinjp@...oo.co.jp>, Ted Ts'o <tytso@....edu>,
	Andreas Dilger <aedilger@...il.com>,
	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com>,
	Yongqiang Yang <xiaoqiangnk@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: flashing large eMMC partitions with ext4

I have got some nice ideas from you.
I summarize them here and add some comments.

o  Idea from Andreas
    Create minimal image, flash write, then resize2fs

    -> Very straight forward idea.
    -> Post-processing after flash writing adds some difficulties.

o  Idea from Ted
    Zero-fill the non-used blocks.
    Make the flash writer write only non-zero blocks.

    -> Very straight forward idea.
    -> Flash writer needs to support this.

o  Idea from Amir
    Set flex_bg to 32.
    Set sparse_super.
    Allocate journal from group 0 (feasibility unclear)
    Truncate the image.

    -> Feasibility and effectiveness is unclear.
    -> Good side is legacy flash writer can be used.

o  Idea from Yongqiang
    Delete journal before flash write and later add it back.

    -> Post-processing after flash writing adds some difficulties.

I will examine all of these to find out a suitable solution.
Thanks
Round