Date:	Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:55:17 +0300
From:	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com>
To:	Round Robinjp <roundrobinjp@...oo.co.jp>
Cc:	Dilger Andreas <aedilger@...il.com>, "Ted Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>,
	"linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: flashing large eMMC partitions with ext4

2011/8/9 Round Robinjp <roundrobinjp@...oo.co.jp>:
> Amir
>
>> https://raw.github.com/amir73il/e2fsprogs-snapshots/next4-stable/contrib/uninit_bg.c
>>
>> amir@...ab:~$ gcc -o uninit_bg -lext2fs uninit_bg.c
>
> For me, it gives error:
>
> $ gcc -o uninit_bg -lext2fs uninit_bg.c
> uninit_bg.c: In function ‘main’:
> uninit_bg.c:105:2: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct opaque_ext2_group_desc’
> uninit_bg.c:105:5: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> $
>
> I have the latest source code from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
> but nowhere I can find the full declaration of
> struct opaque_ext2_group_desc.
>
> Am I missing something?

I did not build this tool with latest e2fsprogs lib, I built it with
stable version 1.41.14
which comes installed with my Ubuntu distro.
Basically, you don't need to download and build any sources, but since
you have built
e2fsprogs from git already you may as well checkout tag v1.41.14,
configure build and install it.
hope this helps.