Date:	Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:12:19 +0300
From:	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com>
To:	Yongqiang Yang <xiaoqiangnk@...il.com>
Cc:	"Ted Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>, "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@...ibm.com>,
	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
	Andreas Dilger <adilger.kernel@...ger.ca>
Subject: Re: On-disk field assignments for metadata checksum and snapshots

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Yongqiang Yang <xiaoqiangnk@...il.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com> wrote:

>>> active_snapshot_bitmap will be clearer.:-)
>>
>> clearer to who?
> To code reviewers, actually bits in exclude bitmap are set only if the
> blocks are used by active/current snapshot inode.

First, I was never suggesting to change the name of the feature in the
code, only
the way it is presented by tune2fs -l.
Second, you are confusing exclude_bitmap with cow_bitmap (or
active_snapshot_cow_bitmap).
The bits in exclude_bitmap are set for *ALL* blocks of *ALL* snapshots.
So "snapshot_bitmap" or "snapshots_bitmap" is an appropriate name.

Amir.