Date:	Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:04:29 +0000 (UTC)
From:	WIMPy <WIMPy@...i.dk>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] can't recover ext4 on lvm from ext4_mb_generate_buddy:739: group 1687, 32254 clusters in bitmap, 32258 in gd

... and another update:

> As there was a mention at the beginning that this may have happened after an
> upgrade from 3.1.5 to 3.2, I will build a 3.1.5 and see if that really makes
> difference.

Yes it does.
3.1.5 has been working for 4.5 hours now, continuing form the point where 3.2
and 3.2.2 reproducibly barfed.
I see some changes to ext4 on January 9 and 10. But nothing thereafter so I'm
not sure if it's worth trying something like 3.3-rc1.
The bad thing is that 3.2 has been working for about 20 hours, so it's not a
quick test.

> bg"
> 32765
> > > containers.
> > >
> > > After I did an fsck and tried to continue, I didn't get that far.
> > > After another 200GB or so it happened again.
> > > And now it's reproducible:
> > > I can run fsck and then try to continue (using rsync). But as soon as
> writing
> > > starts, the process hangs for a long time. At least one minute, probably
> longer.
> > > Then the ext4_mb_generate_buddy comes again.

  Greetings,
    WIMPy