Date:	Sat, 28 Apr 2012 04:56:00 +0300
From:	Sami Liedes <sami.liedes@....fi>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Intentionally corrupted fs: [this times really] "kernel BUG at
 fs/jbd2/transaction.c:161!"

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:42:46PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > (This bug report serves also as a preview of the Berserker toolkit
> > that automates finding such bugs and minimizing the differences to
> > pristine filesystems. I plan on making the announcement and making the
> > toolkit available within the next few hours.)
>
> sounds a bit like fsfuzzer, how is it different?

I hope the announcement I just sent responded to this; but basically,
the toolkit works on a somewhat higher level (it uses zzuf, which I
believe to be similar to fsfuzzer but actually only fuzzes the
filesystem image and does not itself run tests on it; zzuf is not
written by me). Mostly the toolkit is about managing a virtual machine
to run tests automatically and about minimizing the differences to
pristine filesystems.

I confess I'm not intimately familiar with fsfuzzer (I should be!),
but I believe one of the advantages of berserker is that it automates
the virtual machine stuff and provides convenient scripts that can be
used with e.g. git bisect run.

	Sami

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)