Date:	Sat, 8 Sep 2012 09:17:42 -0700
From:	Mike Thompson <mpthompson@...il.com>
To:	Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@...aro.org>
Cc:	Linux-Arm-Kernel <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, linux-mmc@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Tracking down suspend/resume ext3/mmc issues on imx233

I figured the source of my problem.  Normally, the Linux kernel will
treat mmc cards as removed during suspend.  This is in case the card
is swapped by the user during the suspend.  However, on the OLinuXino
the mmc device is the root file system  If the Linux kernel treats the
mmc card as removed the frozen tasks with open file handles to the
root filesystem device (such as the journal tasks) will fail when they
are thawed during resume.  This is the problem I was seeing.

Fortunately, there is already a specific kernel config setting
CONFIG_MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME that needs to be set for systems such as the
OLinuXino that uses the mmc device for the root filesystem.  I
overlooked this config setting and spent half a day trying to figure
out the source of the file system errors on resume.  Next time I'll do
a better job of looking through related config settings before trying
to debug an issue that is probably already dealt with.

Mike