Date:	Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:41:02 -0400
From:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
To:	Brad Figg <brad.figg@...onical.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Ext4 regression testing

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 07:50:48PM -0700, Brad Figg wrote:

> Thanks, this is very helpful. I wouldn't mind seeing your script if you
> feel like sharing it.

I've checked in the scripts into my xfstests-bld repository.  You can
get the repository here:

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/xfstests-bld.git

This is how I build xfstests and its dependencies hermetically, so
that even if you are forced (as I was for a while) to build on an
ancient enterprise or LTS distribution, it will build cleanly.
(Xfstests requires the libraries in xfsprogs newer than what was
shipped with LTS 10.04, and I'd guess RHEL 6 and definitely RHEL 5.)

The scripts that run in the VM can be found in the directory
kvm-autorun; they are installed into a file system built using
debootstrap.  The scripts I use to kick off kvm in the host OS can be
found in the directory kvm-xfstests.

Sorry for the delay; it took me a while to get things packaged up
cleanly.  Unfortunately I can't just ship you the root_fs.img due of
GPL licensing issues (figuring what all of the necessary source files
that I'd have to ship that correspond to the application image is a
huge pain in the ass).  One of these days I'll create a shell script
that runs debootsrap and automatically sets up the root_fs.img for the
VM for people building the VM while running Debian or Ubuntu ---
unless someone beats me to it first (hint, hint :-).

          	      	      	       	     - Ted