Date:	Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:39:25 +0100
From:	Jakob Haufe <sur5r@...5r.net>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: online resize of ext4 hung (3.2.51 / 1.42.5)

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 02:08:12 -0400
Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu> wrote:

> (Sorry for the delay in responding, a number of us have been attending
> a conference in Edinburgh, and I'm currently on vacation in Dublin.)

No problem. I'm really happy about all the responses I got.

> In any case, I think it should be safe for you to reboot your file
> system, and after an fsck -f, I think your file system should be OK.

I did so. For the sake of completeness I've put the log here:

http://permalink.sur5r.net/1/linux-3.2.51-resize2fs-1.42.5-hung-fsck.log

I decided to recreate the filesystem to be on the safe side.

> P.S.  To ext4 developers, please note that the kernel involved,
> v3.2.52 does _not_ have Jan Kara's reserved handles changes, which
> were added in commit 8f7d89f36829.  I at first thought it might have
> been related to changes involving how jbd2_journal_lock_updates()
> waits for j_reserved_credits to go to zero, but that was a blind
> alley.

In case this wasn't just a typo: The box is running 3.2.51 but I guess this
doesn't make a difference regarding this paragraph.

Cheers,
Jakob

--
ceterum censeo microsoftem esse delendam.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)