Date:	Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:44:26 +0100
From:	Lenz Weber <mail@...zw.de>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: ext4 stops responding, need help debugging (kernel oops 5 in utf8s_to_utf16s)

Hello everyone,
I have a NAS with an ext4 filesystem that I access using NFSv4. From
time to time (about once in a month), the the ext4 driver crashes and I
can't access the file system in any way until I reboot.

As I have no further experience in filesystems, maybe you can help me.
The system is currently in "blocked" state, so I can do any experiments
you ask me to if you need more data.

For starters, I am attaching a dmesg output, maybe this already gives
you an idea on what might be wrong.

Mount flags are
"rw,usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0,user_xattr,data=ordered,delalloc,noacl"

Kernel is
Linux QNAPBackup 2.6.33.2 #1 Fri Jul 26 11:32:35 CST 2013 armv5tel unknown

I have already asked in the manufacturer's forum (
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=88179&p=397077#p387790 ), but
got no reply there in over a month, so I'm counting on your help

Regards,
Lenz Weber

View attachment "ext4-dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (7420 bytes)