Date:	Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:32:45 -0400
From:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
To:	Matteo Croce <technoboy85@...il.com>
Cc:	"Darrick J. Wong" <darrick.wong@...cle.com>,
	Eric Whitney <enwlinux@...il.com>,
	David Jander <david@...tonic.nl>,
	Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@...nvz.org>,
	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, Azat Khuzhin <a3at.mail@...il.com>
Subject: Re: ext4: journal has aborted

To be clear, what you would need to do is to revert commit
007649375f6af242d5b1df2c15996949714303ba to prevent the fs corruption.
Darrick's patch is one that tries to fix the problem addressed by that
commit in a different fashion.

Quite frankly, reverting the commit, which is causing real damage, is
far more impotrant to me right now than what to do in order allow
CONFIG_EXT4FS_DEBUG to work (which is nice, but it's only something
that file system developers need, and to be honest I can't remember
the last time I've used said config option).  But if we know that
Darrick's fix works, I'm willing to push that to Linus at the same
time that I push a revert of 007649375f6af242d5b1df2c15996949714303ba

Cheers,

						- Ted