Date:	Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:59:46 -0400
From:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
To:	Nick Krause <xerofoify@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Work on ext4

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:29:49PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> Sorry about my other issues Ted. But if you would like to give
> me a change, I would like to help out on ext4 development.
> Just tell me what I should read before I start helping out:).

So here's my concern.  The patches and questions which you've sent to
LKML seem to indicate either that (a) you are incredibly sloppy, (b)
you're technically not very capable, or (c) you were so enthusiastic
to Make A Difference that you were sending out patches and asking
questions without spending any time to think, test, and spending time
doing research.

Whichever it is, the worry to me is that you will consume far more of
my time and other developers than the actual effort you will actually
end up contributing.  So the "help" ends up sucking away precious
developer time and bandwidth.

If you can send pointers to actual technical work you've done that
might pursuade folks that you can actually contribute in a positive
fashion, that might be helpful.

Regards,

						- Ted