Date:	Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:40:02 +0100
From:	Mark Ballard <markjballard@...glemail.com>
To:	Eric Sandeen <sandeen@...hat.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Corrupted superblock? But disk still mounts.

No, Eric. I can see it's accurate in its own context. I mean accurate
in relaying enough information to convey the situation accurately to
the user. That requires something like e2label to see a wider context,
and I can see that might actually be an unreasonable expectation. But
this is what I was getting at: information accurate enough to allow
non-educated users to get an instant grip of the environment when they
are forced to go delving under the bonnet (hood) of their computer.
None of the os componenets were made -- or documented -- with that
sort of user in mind: someone with less time and experience than is
really required to work efficiently under there. Yet the application
environment is such a tangle that users are left with little choice
but to get their hands dirty. And when you look under there, you see
that it was made by Heath Robinson but that the drawings were burned
in a fire.