Date:	Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:11:40 +0000
From:	Dexuan Cui <decui@...rosoft.com>
To:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
CC:	"linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Is ext2 freezable?

Hi Ted,
Thanks very much for the clarification!

And thanks a lot for implementing this -- I've seen the patches you sent out
several hours ago.

IMO it's useful to have such compatibility, e.g.,
Hyper-V guest has a fsfreeze-based feature to back up the data; the feature
works fine for ext4 partition, but Ubuntu's installer can create /boot
of ext2 partition by default and hence the feature can't work:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1362574

I believe the bug will go away after Ubuntu integrates your patches.

Thanks!
-- Dexuan