Date:	Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:53:36 -0500
From:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, Jun He <jhe@...wisc.edu>,
	Peter Desnoyers <pjd@....neu.edu>,
	Abutalib Aghayev <agayev@...il.com>,
	Daeho Jeong <daeho.jeong@...sung.com>,
	Jin-Soo Kim <jinsookim@...u.edu>,
	Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@...nel.org>, Jun He <jhe@...wisc.edu>,
	Timothy R Feldman <timothy.r.feldman@...gate.com>,
	Adrian Palmer <adrian.palmer@...gate.com>
Subject: Ext4 developers get together planning

Looking at the Vault schedule, it looks like the best time to schedule
the ext4 developer's workshop will be Wednesday from noon to 3pm (we'll
meet for lunch and then continue until Jan Kara's ext4 file system
scalaing talk.

And then we can pick up Thursday morning starting at 10am and go on
until Lunch.  (Or we could start at 9am and skip the Sasha Levin's file
system fuzzing talk, but I suspect some people wouldn't want to miss
Sasha's talk.)

Does that work for everyone?

Things which I expect will be on the schedule include:

* ext4 encryption progress report (Michael Halcrow, Ted)
* making ext4 smr friendly (Abutalib, Peter, Ted, Tim, Adrian)
* improving the ext4 block allocator (Jun He)

Since Jaeguk probably would only be interested in the encryption
discussions, I'm going to suggest that we schedule the encryption
discussions for Thursday morning, and the SMR discussions for Wednesday
afternoon, since our minds will be fresh immediately after the SMR
discussions on Thursday morning.

What other topics would people like to include?  Please suggest them on
this e-mail thread.

Finally, if you are planning on attending, please send me a private
e-mail so I know who to expect.  For those of you coming from academia,
if you haven't already registered for Vault yet, I've recently received
from Angela on a few compliementary academic registrations, so please
contact me if you could use one or two.

Cheers,

                                                - Ted