Date:	Tue, 11 Aug 2015 03:12:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:	Daeho Jeong <daeho.jeong@...sung.com>
To:	"linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	"daehojng@...il.com" <daehojng@...il.com>,
	정대호 <daeho.jeong@...sung.com>
Subject: A question about EXT4_INODE_JOURNAL_DATA flag with delalloc

Hi, I am seeing in the ext4_change_inode_flag() function and found a patch to allocate
physical blocks for delalloc blocks in that function.
(=> http://repo.or.cz/w/ext4-patch-queue.git/blob/20f7782b1f50eb1d5cba5e085d01fbce89fce881:/allocate-delalloc-blocks-before-changing-journal-mode)

I think this is an idea to resolve kernel OOPS concerned with enabling/disabling
data journaling of a file in delayed allocation mode. Actually, I want to utilize per file
data journaling with delayed allocation, so this patch seemed to be very helpful for me.

But, after 1 month from when the patch was applied, another patch was submitted
and EXT4_INODE_JOURNAL_DATA flag with delalloc was ignored.
(=> http://repo.or.cz/w/ext4-patch-queue.git/blob/17f3a9c17473d0b5925118a75ba7363c79e3fdc3:/ignore-JOURNAL_DATA-flag-with-delalloc)

I don't understand the reason of that EXT4_INODE_JOURNAL_DATA flag with delalloc was
ignored because I think the previous patch can handle the problem which the above URL describes.

Am I missing something and could you share your idea about this? :-)