Date:	Thu, 13 Aug 2015 09:09:53 -0400
From:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
To:	Roy Yang <bsdnet@...look.com>
Cc:	"linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: fsync stuck at jbd2_log_wait_commit on NVMe devices

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 04:34:17PM -0700, Roy Yang wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
>    Appreciate your time, and will get the log from normal work load.
>
>    BTW, the previous JBD2 log is from the node which is in bad state.
>   Normal node finish within 3 seconds; while on this node, it takes 10 seconds.

Ah, you didn't say that.

If this is a node in a bad state, and we're not seeing any real delays
from the jbd2 logs, then it sounds very much like the problem is a
hardware issue (or maybe an NVMe device driver issue).  You might want
to use blktrace to see how long the underlying I/O operations are
taking to complete.

						- Ted